Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bosque del Apache

Cranes in flight.



Fall in the bosque.



Jake, birdwatching.



Geese in flight.



See the bald eagle in the snag?



Cranes feeding.



Cranes in flight.



Fall in the bosque.



Group of cranes.



My son Jake and I went out to the Bosque del Apache Wildlife Refuge. He needed a break from the grind of studying and the Bosque is near his college and a wonderful place to go and unwind. We saw countless ducks and geese and hundreds of cranes, one roadrunner and one bald eagle. All in all it was a marvelous New Mexico afternoon, the air was cool and crisp, the sky bright and mostly cloudless and the scenery absolutely amazing. My pics are all from my little old canon elf. There were many professional looking cameras with enormous lenses out there that made me think it may be getting time to start thinking about a more sophisticated camera, but what I have is good enough for now.

1 comment:

Sabine said...

Your pictures convey such a lovely sense of the excursion you made with your son - I do not think that a more expensive camera could improve on it.

Sabine