Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Beadwork




Well, New Year's Resolution of weekly blogging has not panned out, but I'm going to at least keep trying. Meanwhile, daily beading seems to be going well, as well as the diet (6.5 lbs. in 6 weeks). Have been having a wonderful long between semester break with my son, who will return to college on Sunday. I'm working on a series of beaded feathers, this is my latest. This is the technique that Suzanne Cooper taught during last year's bead retreat, the pattern is hers, also, but my next one is going to be a modified Celtic knot that I've been working up for years.

4 comments:

Summer said...

Beautiful:) Do yo attach the feather after the beadwork? Is it worked in round peyote or flat and "zipped" when you're done?

beadnik said...

It's worked in round peyote around a plastic tubing, the tubing is first straightened in hot water, and then I put a dowel in it to help hold while doing the beadwork. I cut a piece of the dowel to leave in the tubing after the beadwork is finished, and put the fringe in the bottom of the tube with E6000, and cut down the quill of the feather to fit, then place it in the top of the beadwork with a bit of E6000. then it's just attach a thong for hanging and done! The feather is a faux eagle feather, hand painted.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.