Saturday, July 10, 2010

Play and Work


Still working on my website....slowly, and beading fairly productively. I had hoped to get a lot done on the website last weekend over the holiday, but our internet service cut us off (again!) and we were internetless for the whole holiday weekend. Ah...it's working now, but if it happens again, we're considering going to DSL. Meanwhile, I've been playing with lentil beads on my days off (worked only 3 full days last week, and a half day on Friday-I LOVE my new job!). Today I played with a couple of pics of a new bracelet, trying to make a more artistic sort of layout. Photoshop essentials is all I can afford right now, but it's got tons of features to learn, so it's enough for now. The bracelet above is herringbone weave, offset holed lentil beads, encouraged to 'roll' into a roundish, rather than flat bracelet. It has a lovely 'hand' and the beads are interesting enough to get oooh's and aaah's from even non-beady types.

No comments: