Wednesday, October 24, 2007

October Finished!





It's all done but the mounting. I love the way the page turned out this month, it helped me immensely, and the bracelet! The picture, I think, doesn't really do it justice, but it's my favorite so far. I can't wait to get it mounted on a brass blank and wear it. It's a small Kwan Yin cab surrounded by shell heishi and different sizes of beads. I really feel I've moved out of my normal comfort zone (embroidering with almost all same sized beads), and found a new method of expression.

8 comments:

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

Yay!!!! Moving out of comfort zone and finding new ways to express yourself is what the BJP is all about for many of us. Feels just GREAT, doesn't it??? I like all of your pages, but the playful quality of this page makes me want to dance for joy. Thanks for posting about it! Will you post your pictures on Flickr?

beadnik said...

hey Robin! I still haven't figured out how to post to Flikr... if I find time, I'll check it out again and try to post some there.
And you're right, the process feels great (and I sometimes feel that the process is more important in the long run, than the product).
Cheers,
Sarah

Teresa said...

I know how "scary" it is to leave the comfort zone. You have accomplished it very well---great work! And it is a wonderful feeling to finish a beaded work.

coral-seas said...

This Shaman feels very powerful, and reminds me of my favourite series of books.
Congratulations on moving out of your comfort zone, it paid off and you created a stunning page.

CA

KV said...

Very cool, Sarah!


Kathy V in NM

Timaree said...

Your page is great and your bracelet is too. I see you got to use a lot of those shell heishi you got!

KrispiS said...

Fabulous shaman and bracelet! WOW! I love the use of the heishi! One of my friends here who is part of the BJP but doesn't read or post on line, just started using the some heishi she bought on a trip, and was intrigued to see the photo of your piece that I printed out for her. Thanks.