Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Grand Canyon Trip




My son is home on spring break and wanted to take a quick road trip to the Grand Canyon. We drove 8 hours to Az., got a decent motel room and spent the night, then spent most of the next day exploring the Grand Canyon Rim Trail, then drove 8 hours home! Definitely just a tiny experience of the enormous park, and I think the Park deserves a much longer visit some day. Next time I think I'd choose to go in February, there were already a LOT of people in the park and I tend to like going to such places in off peak times. I had a cold and didn't feel like spending a second night in a motel, and he has work he'd like to get done over the rest of the break. The trip was a bit gruelling, but way fun! Grand Canyon is beautiful! I'd never been there before, and I think I'll plan on going back at some point. We saw a condor! Now, tomorrow, back to beading!

2 comments:

Mary Tafoya said...

Gorgeous photos, Sarah, they look like postcards!

beadnik said...

yep....i think they banned anything ugly from the park....it's impossible to take a bad pic there!
I'm sunburned! hehe