Monday, September 22, 2008

September BJP Finished


I'm a terrile hoarder, I have to admit. One of my goals this year on the BJP is to use my old hoards of bead soup from various projects and spills that I've kept because "I'll get to them later and sort them out". I'm ashamed to think how old some of these little vials and baggies of beads are. So, I've decided to use at LEAST 80% old beads in each of my BJP pages this year. Should be fun. For the September page, I decided to try and just do a free form piece with no preconceived ideas of where I'd be going with it. Again, it was fun, and flowed fairly well. Meanwhile I'm working on several custom pieces and dong some knitting.

12 comments:

Robin said...

I like this piece, Sarah! It reminds me of a celebration, a party maybe... Have you had fun thinking about meaning now that it's finished? Congrats on finding a size that is doable for you... Amazing how much you can do with a small area, isn't it! Bravo! Robin A.

heidibeads said...

This is such a happy piece to me. I love the idea of using bead soup. I'll have to try it sometime. Great start!

Barb said...

I love this piece! It's so vibrant and alive. It's beautiful!

abeadlady said...

Way to go, Sarah! Don't you just love letting the beads take you where they will? Good start for the year.
Arline

shebaduhkitty said...

nice patterns

KV said...

This is wonderful, Sarah!


Kathy V in NM

Timaree said...

Great page. I love all the color and texture. That's such a good idea to use up your bead soups. This is going to be fun to see what colors you've been using - is there a trend? We'll find out.

pam T said...

Very nice Sarah - love the colors -makes me think of ancient rituals.
I think all beaders must have bead soup(S)!
pam T (WI)

Sabine said...

Lighthearted and playful. What a great way to use beadsoup!
Sabine

Marty S said...

Uh, oh... Now I'm thinking I should use up more old beads...

It looks great!
Marty S
Crackpot Beader

Pursuing Art... said...

Hi Sarah...I'm finally taking the time today to visit BJP members and their blogs!

Your September page is just lovely! It has a wonderful flow and I like the colors. I think it's wonderful that you are using your bead soup! I, too, know that feeling of hoarding beads! ;-)

I'm looking forward to seeing October!

~Lisa ;-)

Tracey Leeder said...

I love this piece! Did you say somewhere what size the page is? I love your choice of beads (or should I say lack of choice if you are using a beadsoup) for this page. Its really dramatic and eye-pleasing! Nice work!