Monday, June 7, 2010





Ack! No post at all during the month of May! But actual beadwork was being done. My 'regular' job has turned out to be pretty fun and fulfilling (who knew being an office nurse could be so complicated?) but is eating more hours of my life than I'd intended. I come home more tired from a 10 or 11 hour day in the office than I would from a 12 hr. shift in the ER!
Meanwhile, though, I've been working on a 'possible' bag for my buddy Steve, and it's finally DONE! Dimensions are 8 inches wide by about 9 1/2 long, with nearly a foot of fringe. The front flap is home to my favorite deer dancing shaman, a piece I did for the Bead Journal Project 2 years ago, and the back has a water bird and deer tracks, don't know why but the deer tracks insisted on being included. The entire piece is made of commercial brain tan deer hide, embellished with green dentalium and other shells. It makes a lovely bell-like noise when moved. The strap is embellished with a couple of purple cowrie shells, some bone hairpipe and a bit of beadwork done in lane stitch.
All in all it was a wonderful piece to work on and I think it turned out great.
Now on to other projects...I have quite a few in mind, plus my son has promised to help me set up a 'real' website.
Happy summer!

No comments: