Monday, June 25, 2007

finished the June page








Well! I got going on it and finally finished today. Also managed to finish and mount the little laughing Buddha bracelet, that I think I'll end up giving to a friend who just finished her acupuncture training. All she's waiting for is the paperwork to clear and she'll be licensed to practice here in NM. Her husband has been a DOM (Dr. of Oriental Medicine) for many years now and she'll be practicing with him. I'm impressed with her accomplishments! She seems to have boundless energy.
Anyway, the pictures tell the story. I wish I could get a better pic of the page, but the sequins are so shiny they reflect even without flash, this is the first time I've done something that isn't completely beaded, but lets some of the background show through. I guess it's sort of 'multi-media' in a way, which is something I intend to explore this year, and I'm not really comfortable with the techniques yet. So yeah, guess I'm pushing my comfort level quite a bit, and really I'm not sure I 'love' this piece, but it does come close to being what I wanted.

5 comments:

Mary Timme said...

Sequins always look better in real life than a picture. Well, so do beads, but I like them both, the June piece and the bracelet!

Quilt Architect said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Padparadscha said...

That's a truly wonderful bracelet !

Timaree said...

Like the page and the bracelet. June can be a shimmery month; sometimes warm and sunny, and sometimes overcast and cool (at least in Southern Calif. where I grew up). This page reflects that. (I had fun with the pun).

Ellen said...

Wow I've just found your blog & love your page, it is really beautiful. What a neat idea to use the off cut of your background fabric for bracelets, this one is a beauty