Monday, August 24, 2009

Miscellaneous beadwork being done!







In honor of the 40th anniversary of Woodstock, I've been making all sorts of dangly, shiny things. Charm bracelets, cell phone charms, beaded collars for DOGS! Having been around in those days (no, I didn't make it to woodstock, I was most likely 'on the road' when it happened, but I do remember seeing Jimi Hendrix in Denver-that concert happened a bit before Woodstock, and I remember the Denver police coming at the crowds of us hippies who had come for the music, with riot gear and tear-gas). Anyway, I find I've never really given up the habit of attaching beads to all sorts of my gear, and love that the trend seems to be resurging. Also, loomwork has begun to find popularity again, and I'm happy enough about that, especially since I have a Versa loom and don't have to worry about all those pesky warp threads. I've added a few pics of my latest dabblings here, but will put most of them up on my Flickr site. The cell phone charms and charm bracelets are a great way to use up the many odd beads I've collected over the years. The earrings on chain are easy and fun to make (I scored about 2 feet of lovely sterling chain from Madeline at Beauty and the Beads during her closing sale). The loomed dog collars seem to be pretty popular with the middle aged dog lovers.

No comments: