Monday, September 7, 2009

Swarovski project, part deux


VIEW OF THE CUFF SHOWING THE BRACELET BLANK BACKING




CRYSTAL MAGMA CUFF




CLOSEUP OF THE CRYSTAL




THE BASIC EMBROIDERY, BEFORE MOUNTING ON THE BRASS BRACELET BLANK



This week I've been working on the second of my three Swarovski Fancy Pear Shaped cabs. This one is a bit smaller than the previous one, at 30x20mm and a nice deep red they called crystal magma. I decided to make a cuff bracelet, something that IS in my comfort zone. I love the way this bracelet flows and looks like it's encrusted with jewels. I used flat bronze cubes, vintage ruby colored rose montees, rose gold charlottes, and ruby/black lined translucent size 11 Czech beads, mounted on a brass cuff with some nice commercial braintanned deer hide.
My love affair with Swarovskis is really heating up. I was interested to see that the old 5301 bicone bead has been improved and Swarovski has come out with a bicone bead with more cuts, called 5328 XILION cut- WOW-check out the Fire Opal color. OK, gotta definitely get some of those!

No comments: