Tuesday, September 4, 2007

August BJP and bracelet done!






Phew! Not too far from the end of August, and I'm done, except for mounting the bracelet, which has to wait until I get more one inch brass bracelet blanks. My journal page was very uncooperative at the beginning, resisting the idea I had for it and insisting on going it's own way. Things got better when I relaxed and gave in to the process. I had no idea why or where it was going until it was almost done when the words "my compartmentalized life" popped into my head from nowhere. It went a lot faster after that. Looking at it, I correlate the right hand corner with my dreaming life, the next section with my work life, the next one to my emotional life, the next one I see as my creative energy and focus and the last one as my somewhat meandering spiritual path. It was an effort, but I like the outcome.

7 comments:

KV said...

Wow, Sarah --

These pages combined with the bracelets are powerful imagery. Thanks for sharing -- this will stay with me all day long.


Kathy V in NM

Ellen said...

Great stuff Sarah, this is another spectacular piece.

Robin said...

Isn't it just magic when you let go of a plan, and an important truth emerges? That's what happened here and it's totally awesome!!! Makes me very curious about your work life. Your creative path is very strong. Huge kudos, Sarah!!!!

beadnik said...

hehe, Robin, I'm an ER nurse. In a small town where many of my patients are friends, or acquaintances or children of friends, etc. High stress, emotionally draining. I could go on, but it's pretty obvious in the piece....
Thanks all!

Mary Tafoya said...

Sarah, it's beautiful and symbolic. Everything seems to be drawn upward and flowing together ultimately. I love/hate that you're doing a bracelet each month too, LOL. I'm struggling with T.I.M.E. But thanks for the inspiration. Mary T. 8-)

Timaree said...

What a wonderful way to see your life - through the stitching of your own hands without the ego directing everything. The bracelets are such a great addition to your pages.

Aurora said...

love the turtle bracelet