Saturday, August 7, 2010

On Being an Office Nurse



When I took the job of office nurse, moving from the love/hate affair I had with the ER for 28 years, I was assured I could take my knitting in, it would be so slow and tame compared to the ER. NOT! hehe. First off there were a ton of new skills to learn, from 'working' with insurance companies for such things as pre-auths for meds to learning a new computer system, etc. etc. Then when I had settled in after a few months, the corporation that owns the practice decided to move the practice into a newer building to share space with another doctor. So again, change occurs. The job is supposed to be part time, about 56 hrs a pay period, but has managed to be around 75 to 80 hours a pay period so far. Not complaining about that, it's extra $$, but I really do like the idea of part time.
Meanwhile, I've acquired a new stethoscope and am in the process of beading it, and am trying to teach myself manga/anime drawing. Jake goes back to college next week to try and knock out those four credits he needs to graduate. It's been good having him home for the summer, but I know he's chafing at the bit to get on with his life.
I'm including a couple of my first drawings for the amusement of my two readers....
Stethoscope pics to follow, maybe by Monday.

No comments: